Alright, I totally understand the controversy around this topic as breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and there are SO many options. But when it comes to choosing a breakfast that will sustain you, taste amazing, allow for the flavor profile to be changed, be a good reasonable price, and fuel your busy workday, without a doubt I would choose:
Ok ok let me tell you why. So if you’re plant-based, you can get coconut yoghurt, almond milk yoghurt, soy yoghurt or even make your own! But if you’re not plant-based, the amount of greek yoghurt flavors whether you prefer peach, blackberry, mixed berry, apple pie, etc. you have all those options at almost any grocery store! You can choose high protein, sugar free, loaded with sugar, or whatever you prefer. The versatility around yoghurt and the ways you can spice up your typical yoghurt bowl are endless. Let me just tell you the ways I prefer my yoghurt!
Everyday is different, and well to be honest, I am a picky eater! But I neverrrr feel bored eating yoghurt. Some of my favorite yoghurt brands are:
Fage ( I typically go for the 0% milk fat but ANY percentage you prefer will do!)
Chobani Complete ( I eat this almost EVERYDAY)
Two Good Yoghurt (excellent protein source)
So Delicious (plant-based yoghurt, a little runny but still so delicious)
And those are just a few out of the hundreds of options! No I am not sponsored by a single one of these companies, but honestly I should be considering the abnormal amount of yoghurt I consume in a day. All of these amazing facts about yoghurt fail to point out that yoghurt is so easy on your stomach! I suffer from IBS and the only food that consistently settles my stomach is yoghurt. It is a godsend. If you are not a fan of the texture of yoghurt or if you are looking for a few ways to spice up the typical yoghurt pot try these recipes down below!
Apple Pie Yoghurt
- Take a desired amount of the yoghurt of your choice and set it aside.
- Take one apple & cube it.
- Place the cubed apple in a bowl and coat with:
- 2-4 tsp. of cinnamon (personal preference, you can eyeball!)
- 2 tsp of sugar or monk fruit sweetener (to taste)
- 1/4 tsp salt (brings out the sweetness!)
- Get out a saucepan and place it on medium heat.
- Grease the pan ( I used 2 tsp of coconut oil)
- Place your apples in the saucepan and let simmer
- Once they are sautéed on each side, turn down the heat to low and cover for 10-20 minutes (this will soften your apples)
- When the apples are done cooking let cool for 5 minutes.
- Place the apples on top of your yoghurt with an additional sprinkle of cinnamon and a generous dose of Pure Maple Syrup.
- Place 1-2 tbsp of peanut butter, cashew butter (I can post a super easy recipe if you’d like), or almond butter and ENJOY.
- EXTRAS: stir a teaspoon of vanilla extract, or a scoop of vanilla protein powder into your yoghurt for an extra dose of flavor.
Classic Yoghurt Bowl
- Yoghurt of your choice!
- Top with fruit of your choice ( I prefer strawberries and oranges:)
- Drizzle with honey or maple syrup
- Add 1-2tbsp of peanut butter or sunflower seed butter if you’re allergic to nuts!
Now the options for yoghurt are endless and I have a million other ideas of how you can spice up your yoghurt, so if you’re interested subscribe to Grace Unlimiteds, comment, or email me personally to request topics or answer questions! Thank you so much for reading ❤ I hope you have a delicious yoghurt bowl today.